The Wallington Village Community Association (WVCA) wishes to ensure a safe environment for those attending the Village Hall or events organised by the WVCA and to this end:
- The Hall will be maintained in a safe condition and regular checks will be made by the Hall Manager who will report to the chair of the Hall Committee. A General Risk Assessment, a Fire Risk Assessment and COVID-19 Risk Assessment have been carried out. An annual check is undertaken, using the Health and Safety Executive Checklist for Village and Community Halls. The check will be undertaken by the Chair of the Hall Committee together with the Hall Manager and the report will be circulated to the Executive, together with a copy to be retained by the Secretary.
- Those organising WVCA events will complete both a General Risk Assessment and COVID-19 Risk Assessment using the appropriate WVCA templates and provide copies for the Hall Manager to keep on file. Where children or young people are involved, special attention will be given to their safeguarding. Any concerns about the safeguarding of a child or young person must be reported to the Secretary of the WVCA. For regular events, one assessment per year will suffice. If the activity involves children / young people / vulnerable adults and occurs on a regular basis (once per week or more or on four or more days in a 30-day period) the organiser will be required to have appropriate safeguarding policy or procedures.
- Outside bodies, commercial hirers and those organisations who have to provide their own insurance who use the Hall will be made aware of this statement and be expected to complete Risk Assessments using the WVCA templates or their own. For regular events, one assessment per year will suffice. If the activity involves children / young people / vulnerable adults and occurs on a regular basis (once per week or more or on four or more days in a 30-day period) the organiser / hirer will be required to have appropriate safeguarding policy or procedures.
- Appropriate consent will be sought for the taking and use of photographic images of both young people and adults by the WVCA (OIAW) and the images will be securely stored.
- This document will be annually reviewed by the WVCA Executive.