The Wine Circle meet in the main hall of the Wallington Village Hall on the third Tuesday of each month at 8pm for about two hours.
We currently have in the region of 47 members.
The annual subscription of just £5 per person covers attendance to these meetings plus access to a host of other activities.
As well as wine making activities the meetings are planned well in advance and are varied to suit most people. Some typical activities include the following:
- A number of different wine & beer making recipes/competitions
- Commercial Wine Tasting
- New Age Kurling or Horse Racing within the main hall
- Specialist speakers on a variety of subjects (e.g. hearing dogs, bee keeping, Dad's Army, Brooklands etc.)
- Musical Evenings (singers or bands)
- Fish & Chip, cheese & wine or American Supper evenings
- BBQ event at one of the member's homes
- Fun or party nights with a variety of games
In addition we hold a number of well supported activities outside of the normal meet night which are charged at cost depending on numbers. These include:
- New Year's day lunch & walk
- An annual day trip. (In 2015 we are arranging a boat trip on the Thames to the Thames Barrier. Other places visited are Brooklands, Goodwood, River cruises in Chichester, Hamble etc.)
- An annual BBQ & swim at one of the member's homes
- Annual Christmas Dinner & Dance
- Annual weekend break - Torquay in 2015 ( Other places visited are Bournemouth, Eastbourne, Isle of Wight)
All activities are voluntary and generally well supported. We are a friendly bunch & there is always support or guidance available, if required on all aspects of wine making. There is no charge for visiting so pop along & see for yourself or contact one of the committee members whose details you will find on the Hall Foyer noticeboard.